Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2020-Up GM 2500HD 3500HD 0 to 2 Inch CDCV Shock System W/ Tubular Upper Control Arms
Take the performance of your 2020-Up GM HD truck to new levels with the ICON Vehicle Dynamics Delta Joint tubular upper control arm kit. All ICON tubular upper control arms are constructed from CNC bent 1026 DOM steel tubing and then powder coated to a semi-gloss black finish for maximum strength and corrosion resistance. ICON upper control arms are engineered with built-in caster correction for optimal alignment specifications and confidence inspiring handling. A main benefit of ICON upper control arms is the increased wheel travel when paired with our 2.5 series shock absorbers, this translates into superior performance and ride quality for your 2020-Up GM HD.
These upper control arms feature ICON's patented Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy-duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greaseable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
To ensure compatibility, ICON is no longer offering GM 2500HD/3500HD upper control arms as individual components. Upper control arms can only be purchased in unison with ICON shock absorbers as a complete system. The included ICON Vehicle Specific (V.S.) 2.5 Aluminum Series shocks are designed and built to give your vehicle outstanding performance off-road and a smooth ride on the street. These shocks are configured specifically for each application in both length and damping tune. Like all of ICON's Shock Absorbers, the V.S. 2.5 Series shocks are 100% rebuildable and 100% revalveable. For piggyback and specific remote reservoir applications, ICON'S unique use of a 6061-billet aluminum manifold a few inches below the top cap of the shock creates an internal Bump Zone that when used creates an additional 20% of damping force. This additional force helps prevent harsh bottom outs and controls the suspension when compressing at high velocity. Remote reservoirs ensure optimum performance by increasing the duration of consistent damping regardless of situation, keeping the shocks at a cooler operating temperature during heavy use. The ICON CDC Valve is an externally adjustable valve that restricts oil flow into the reservoir which creates 10 levels of compression damping force ranges.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Features ICON's Patented Delta Joint (U.S. Patent No. 10,731,700)
- CNC Bent Tubing
- CNC Machined Bushing Housings and Sleeves
- Built-In Caster Correction
- Serviceable Dual Stage Bushings
- Black Semi-Gloss Powder Coat Finish
- One-piece digressive piston design with vehicle specific valving for unsurpassed performance and ride quality on and off-road
- Nitrogen charged monotube design with remote reservoir
- ICON's CDC Valve technology allows for 10 levels of high-resolution compression adjustability with the turn of a knob
- Remote reservoir design improves heat dissipation to reduce shock fade during prolonged use
- ICON's internal "Bump Zone" increases damping by 20% to provide more control as the shock approaches full compression
- Premium grade 5WT shock oil for consistent suspension damping along a wide temperature range
- 7/8" diameter induction hardened, chrome plated shock shaft
- One-piece impact extruded aluminum cylinders offer excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- 100% Rebuildable
- 100% Revalveable
- 1026 DOM Steel Construction
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9 with 5.5” Backspace / 12mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9 with 5.5” Backspace / 12mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- TECH NOTE: The additional down travel provided by an ICON Suspension System can cause clearance issues between the sway bar and the stock splash guard as the suspension approaches full extension. ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2020-UP GM HD Splash Guard Kit, part number 77202 recommended.